With much of the UK easing COVID-19 restrictions, which has seen England move to step 4 and Wales moving to alert level 0 (both the lowest possible level), here at Lextox we have again fully reviewed our safety procedures.
Although fewer legal restrictions remain, at Lextox we will continue with the guidelines that we currently have in place, to protect our employees, clients and donors and to ensure business continuity.
In February, we updated and announced our guidelines for both internal and external use and these remain in place, with only minor alterations. The 2 metre social distancing rule and the use of face coverings within our offices and laboratories will remain in place to keep our employees ‘COVID-safe’ and to avoid any disruption to the services we provide.
Outside of our office and laboratory locations, when collecting hair, blood and DNA samples, our team of trained Sample Collectors will continue to collect samples hygienically and carefully. The additional measures that enabled Lextox to offer our clients ‘COVID-mitigated’ sample collection appointments implemented back in February will remain and are explained in detail below:
- Our sample collection team continues to be fully equipped with Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) which meets government guidelines for the type of collections we undertake
- When booking sample collection appointments, we are asking clients and donors specific questions to clarify any potential risk before the collection goes ahead. These include whether the donor or any witnesses:
o have been diagnosed with the virus or are awaiting test results
o are displaying symptoms of the virus
o are currently self-isolating
- While most sample collections continue to take place within 48 hours of instructing Lextox, our Sample Collector will ask the same questions on arrival at the collection location in case there has been any change in circumstances
- In the event that we are made aware of any potential COVID-19 exposure to a Sample Collector, we will contact the instructing party as soon as possible
- No collections go ahead when there is any known risk
For more information or to arrange a sample collection appointment, please contact our team on 029 2048 4141 or via an email to [email protected].