Published: 6th February 2020
Happy New Year from all the team at Lextox!
We’d like to thank all of our loyal clients for instructing us in 2019, we look forward to working with you again this year.
Before we dive into another busy year, we’d like to share our review of 2019 and what you can expect in 2020:
2019 was a busy year for both family law and the drug and alcohol testing industry:
- Jacky Tiotto was announced as Chief Executive at Cafcass and will lead Cafcass’ social workers and corporate staff in achieving the best possible outcomes for children, young people and their families who are going through family courts.
- Alcohol Awareness Week in November campaigned the theme of ‘Alcohol and Me’ to encourage open discussion and change.
- Updates were made to the Society of Hair Testing (SoHT) consensus which included: the acronym for Ethyl Palmitate being changed from FAEE to EtPa and the unit of measurement changed from nanogram per milligram to picogram per milligram.
Our broad range of services, together with our Experts’ combined experience of over 50 years, now makes Lextox the trusted choice for over 12,000 solicitors and local authorities across the UK. Here are a few highlights from our year:
- We maintained our UKAS accreditation for the 8th year running.
- We extended our repertoire of tests by adding PEth blood testing as a reliable method to create a picture of alcohol consumption.
- Our DNA service got even better in 2019, when we reduced the turnaround time from 5 or more working days to 3.
- We had a record breaking year in the laboratory completing over 50,000 hair sections, an increase of 26% when compared to 2018.
- Client Services Manager, Liam Feasey, delivered 17 CPD seminars across the country.
- We welcomed our new Managing Director, Paul James, to the Lextox team in March 2019.
2020 promises to be equally as exciting, with our client education series continuing throughout the year through regular blogs and webinars. We also look forward to meeting you at events up and down the country. If there is a topic you would like us to discuss, please let us know by emailing email@example.com.
To receive a quotation or to book your sample collection appointment, contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org or 029 2048 4141