2020 has been a challenging year for everyone. We’d like to thank all of our clients for their continued loyalty this year and as the New Year approaches, we look forward to working with you again in 2021.
Before we dive into another busy year, we’d like to share our review of 2020 and what you can expect from Lextox in 2021.
The drug and alcohol industry was dominated by COVID-19 this year. Based on reports, the pandemic increased alcohol consumption and changed, but not reduced drug use. Sadly this saw a rise in the number of family law cases requiring drug and alcohol testing for child protection cases.
At Lextox, like most other businesses, we had to adapt the way we work in order to provide you with the service you have come to expect from us – safely:
- Our sample collection team were equipped with and continue to use Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) to ensure the safety of donors, witnesses, clients and the team when collecting hair, blood and DNA samples
- We introduced pre-collection health and safety checks and completed more collections in donor’s homes
- In line with government guidelines, where possible, many of our office based team continue to work from home. To support our remote working team and maintain that important link with clients, we invested in new systems and software
- Investment also went into our offices and laboratories, where we secured additional space to meet 2 meter social distancing requirements and to protect those who returned to the office earlier this year
- Our complimentary CPD seminars and expert witness court attendance moved to an online platform
What didn’t change in 2020 was our commitment to delivering a responsive service and reliable results to our clients. This year Lextox:
- Collected over 12,000 samples
- Received more than 10,300 hair samples
- Sent over 9000 Expert Reports
Outside of the pandemic, we maintained our UKAS 17025 accreditation for the 9th consecutive year, highlighting our ongoing commitment to quality and the competency of our laboratory in delivering reliable results. In a recent client survey, we also achieved a Net Promoter® Score (NPS) of 77.7, demonstrating our client’s overall satisfaction with our services and their willingness to recommend us to others.
A huge thank you to our team, who truly make the Lextox difference.
While business may not fully return to normal in 2021, it does promise to be another exciting year as we:
- Celebrate our 10th anniversary! Follow us on social media to see how we’ll mark this milestone throughout the year
- Add even more value for clients – further improving our existing services and adding to our test portfolio
- Continue our client education series via CPD seminars, regular blogs and webinars
- Meet with you virtually or in person at family law events
In the meantime, from all the team at Lextox, season’s greetings! We hope you have a wonderful break.