Published: 2nd January 2019
Happy New Year from all the team at Lextox!
We’d like to thank all of our loyal clients for instructing us in 2018, we look forward to working with you again this year.
Before we dive into another busy year, we’d like to share our review of 2018 and what clients can expect in 2019:
2018 was a busy year for both family law and the drug and alcohol testing industry:
- In July Sir Andrew McFarlane was appointed President of the Family Division of the High Court
- Alcohol Awareness Week in November encouraged the open discussion of alcohol through the theme of ‘change’.
- Donata Favretto was elected president of the Society of Hair Testing (SoHT)
- Fentanyl, Monkey Dust and the availability of medicinal cannabis on prescription by specialist doctors hit the headlines
At Lextox we continued to deliver reliable results, in an average of 4 working days, to over 8,000 family law solicitors and local authorities across the UK. Here are a few highlights from our year:
- We maintained our UKAS accreditation for the 7th year running
- We extended our list of drugs for detection by adding Fentanyl, a growing concern in the UK
- We had a record breaking year in the laboratory completing over 40,000 hair sections, an increase of 36% when compared to 2017
- We secured contracts with 2 local authorities: Nottinghamshire and Thurrock
- Our client base grew by over 3,000 clients
- Client Services Manager, Liam Feasey, delivered 15 CPD seminars across the country
- We launched our new co-branded logo – a member of SYNLAB – highlighting our extended expertise and client offerings in new and existing markets
2019 promises to be equally as exciting, with the Brexit deadline looming it will be interesting to see the effect this has on drug and alcohol testing.
Lextox will continue with our client education series through regular blogs and webinars, and we look forward to meeting you at events up and down the country. If there is a topic you would like us to discuss, please let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
To receive a quotation or to book your sample collection appointment, contact us on email@example.com or 029 2048 4141.